June 27, 2013

Sweet Memories Card & Video

Hello, Stamp Lovers!

It's Deborah here today with a card and a video!


I used two of the June stamp releases in my card today:


and


This card could be used for a variety of occasions: anniversary, friendship, even a coming-of-age event. I got to playing with my PrismaColor pencils again because the image was so perfect for them - sort of old-fashioned and wanting rich color that had some texture to it. I could have used Copics, but I just love the depth of colored pencil on the page! Besides which, Copics have really stolen the spotlight for the last few years so I like to rally around my equally beautiful pencils (which are a heck of a lot more easy on the pocketbook, as well).

I'd like to mention here that I used one of the Nestabilities Label Eight dies by Spellbinders - as you can see, it works quite nicely with the label stamp from the Beautiful Rose set.

And here's the video!



O T H E R   S U P P L I E S:
Cardstock (Memory Box); Patterned Paper (My Mind's Eye); Ink (Hero Arts); Colored Pencils (Prismacolor); Butterfly (Studio Calico); Button (Blumenthal Lansing); Gems (Recollections); Other: dimensional adhesive, Gamsol, corner rounder

Thanks for stopping and have a blessed day!

Deborah

9 comments:

kateri said...

I think your card is lovely and can't wait to see the video. I love my pencils and I'm glad to hear someone else feels the same way. I couldn't agree with you more about Copic markers. They are very nice and very expensive. Not everyone can afford to buy them. But back to your card. I like your layout, the colors you used and the stamp is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your art with us.

kateri said...

I think your card is lovely and can't wait to see the video. I love my pencils and I'm glad to hear someone else feels the same way. I couldn't agree with you more about Copic markers. They are very nice and very expensive. Not everyone can afford to buy them. But back to your card. I like your layout, the colors you used and the stamp is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your art with us.

Pat said...

I think your "poetic license" is lovely! Thanks for the video...

Kathy said...

These flowers make me swoon. Awesome video by Deborah :)

joy said...

Thanks, Deborah, for the great video. I love these pretty stamps and your coloring using the pencils is beautiful. I do not own Copic markers and cannot afford to buy them. Prismacolor and Inktense pencils are my favorite coloring tools.

loulou said...

Gorgeous card. Your pencil work is fantastic, love the beautiful blending and shading.

Sally said...

Thanks for the great video, Deborah. I appreciate the helpful tips for coloring with colored pencils. Beautiful card design and coloring!

Loly Borda said...

I enjoyed this video very much. Thanks Deborah! Your card is gorgeous. I love using my pencils too.

Lori Aragon said...

So beautiful! I love this stamp!!!